Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Auction Forum Index Auction Forum Index
Free Articles, News, Tips & Support for online auction users worldwide!
Your Relaunched Auction Forum Offering Free Online Auction Help & Advice...

Auction Lotwatch Auctions Home Auction Forum Index Register Memberlist Search Free Auction Tools

Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites » Your-Bid.com - Bid, Buy or Sell (New Auction Site Launched)
Your-Bid.com - Bid, Buy or Sell (New Auction Site Launched) 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Your-Bid.com

Hello readers of the auctionlotwatch forums!.

My name is Joe. Smile

I have just launched a new Online Auction Website WWW.YOUR-BID.COM, for the whole world to see which includes many advanced features within, and plenty of functionality. And as well as it was built, it has such an easy to use interface, which is the key ingredient to most successful websites. Categories are kept tidy to the side of the page and everything is in place easier for quick browsing, as is bidding or selling and account accessabilities.

Also all registered members are time/dated and ip logged when creating an account for security purposes. Users are also ip logged everytime they sign in.

Registration is easy and free, and we are currently offering free Listing days everyday as a promotional offer to all registered members for a limited time.
(All site fees and other additional features are FREE, including (Listing Fees, Homepage Featured, Gallery Featured, Add Extra Images and more...)

*Special Features Included*
- Free Automatic Item Relisting if your item does not sell (1x)
- Create and save item templates in your account area. Good feature if you wish to activate your item listings at a later date, or save for future postings of similar items.
- Free Classified Ad listings for life

So Visit Your-Bid.com to bid, buy & sell on the worlds most advanced online auction site. Top Alternative to eBay. Easy and Free to Register.
Bookmark us now and grow with our community...

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:31 am Reply with quote
Enthusiast

Hi Joe

I wish you well with your site but I think you wll have a battle to progress it because of the many similar sites around, most of which aren't actually doing very well. I like the template idea but that apart the site isn't very different from most others in features. I also think that for a new UK site it's a mistake to make the listing currency in US dollars.

Also claiming to be the the number 1 eBay alternative isn't realistic when you currently have 13 listings and they have 10 million or more! If there is an eBay alternative in the UK then it probably would be eBid or Tazbar. In the US there are several which could claim that.

If you want sellers to list on your site then you need to recognise that only a small handful will consider going on to a new site with all the risk that involves. To gain their confidence you need to comply with the UK's Distance Selling Regulations. This means that stating as you do that you are based in a town in northern England isn't sufficient. THe DSR require name of owner and exact geographical address. IF you're a company then registered office and registration number are required.

Those important factors apart, the site looks nice but you need to do some further work if you want sellers and buyers to appear!

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Your-Bid.com

Many thanks for taking time to make a response to my post. All comments are welcome, both good and negative as i would like to make improvements from your opinions.

Also dont forget we all start from the beginning with 0 listings and work our way up trying to bring in more visitors/members. So thats why i am offering a promotional offer for members to use all our services for free until it grows to a bigger population of users.
This way there is nothing to loose once selling, and at the same time gaining more experience to get to know the sites functionality and features a little more.

Also i am based in the UK as i am the one runnin the site thats all. All other countries are still fully able to use the site to bid buy and sell as long as they are able to work with the correct currency options we have available. This site is not just a UK based auction, but a worldwide auction for all countries. And more countries prefer the dollar, in which case i used dollar as our main currency for handling the site fee's.
As with using Paypal for all payments, users can easily convert their payments into their own currency with Paypal.

I Took a little time also to give users a bit more information about our location, located from the 'About Us' page of our site.

Thanks again...

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Your-Bid.com

I am also regularly updating the site.
Now ready to put a lot of work into advertising, as i have created my own link exchange page for other sites to exchange links with us.

And i have just added a chat room for buyers or sellers to hang out and meet the rest of our community.

Anyone know any good advertising campains to gain high exposure of websites earning lots of traffic?

Any help appreciated thankyou.
Mr J Cannon ( admin@your-bid.com - www.your-bid.com )

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:55 am Reply with quote
Enthusiast

Well three months on and the number of items listed showing this morning has slipped to just three. Another good way to monitor a site is to look at the number of stores it has (which actually have listings) and this site sadly has none at present. It does rather emphasise the point that it is extremely difficult to get a new auction site off the ground when there are so many good competitors out there. So though I don't doubt a lot of hard work has gone into creating this site, so far it has failed to attract the punters and without them its future is bleak. So I'm afraid eBay has nothing to fear here!

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Your-Bid.com

I see were your comming from, and yes i have made a lot of alterations and a lot of work has gone into it the site, but the reason it hasnt been noticed around the net as much as other sites yet is due to the small amount of advertising. As with working on my site i havent really had the chance to deal with the advertising side of things much.

I am still doing a bit of research on different ways of advertising and trying to find the most effective ways of getting my site noticed which do tend to work unlike some programs out there which just want your money.

I'm going to extend my link exchange directory/links pages to display more sites per page and try to get a lot more link exchanges going on as well as paying for bigger advertising plans to help boost my traffic further. This is only the start of things.

Again, thanks for taking the time to post in my topic. Any suggestions or tips, i would be glad to hear from you all.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote
vernonpurcell

I have just started my own bidding site. Now I wondered, I have a fairly decent buget to do SEO to start off, but one day when the site goes live. I will either have no bidders or no postings, now how many of you have thought about spoofing the site to start off with real people putting un real products up and real people putting false bids in. I noticed this being done for forums. buying people to make post for you.
All your thoughts would be welcomed

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Enthusiast

I don't think what you're suggesting is a very good idea. Starting with a new site you're better off concentrating on fixed price buy it now type items. If you can get some friends to put items on & get some genuine sales that would be a good start. But more fundamentally why waste your money starting a new bidding site anyway? We're now entering a recession, even some of the bigger sites are struggling and many small sites have disappeared without trace. I honestly think it will just prove to be money down the drain.

Have a look at the site which started this thread. Over six months down the line it still has less than 50 items for sale. No disrespect to the owner who I'm sure has put a lot of work into it, but those sort of numbers just don't bring in either sellers or buyers. In these difficult times sellers & buyers (and I am both) aren't going to go near new sites unless they have a lot of activity as well as a lot of listings. It's a tough world and only the bigger sites will succeed and even some of them are looking a bit iffy. Smile

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quote
vernonpurcell

My auction site will notbe for products, I will be services.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:13 am Reply with quote
Enthusiast

That would be a novel idea which always helps. But you still face the problem of getting enough sellers and buyers to make the site viable. Best of luck with it anyway. Smile

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:18 am Reply with quote
Your-Bid.com

We are now offering a free toolbar to download which is designed to take our auction services with you wherever you go. Easy access to certain features of our site including an easy uninstaller.

Hopefully people will download this and stay better connected to us Smile
Your-Bid.com - Bid, Buy or Sell (New Auction Site Launched) 
  Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites