Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Auction Forum Index Auction Forum Index
Free Articles, News, Tips & Support for online auction users worldwide!
Your Relaunched Auction Forum Offering Free Online Auction Help & Advice...

Auction Lotwatch Auctions Home Auction Forum Index Register Memberlist Search Free Auction Tools

Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites » A review of Zolanta
A review of Zolanta 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Zollymaniac

Zolanta - last but not least.

I’m always looking at auction sites online, I wouldn’t like to think I might be missing out on something, but there are so many sites out there, where do you begin? Well, don’t go around them in alphabetical order or you might miss out on a gem of a site, Zolanta.com.

Zolanta launched in 2007 and, though initially it was well supported by sellers, the site suffered a major hiccup and was offline while a server move was completed and problems ironed out.

Zolanta.com. has been quietly back up and running since April 2008 and is now very much open for business.

From a browser’s point of view the site runs smoothly and very fast. Google Checkout is fully integrated alongside Paypal, a real plus in my view to have the alternative whether buying or selling. It’s also an advantage that the forums are open to view without having to register on the site. Of particular interest to sellers will be the Working Lunch forum and Zolanta has a management which encourages suggestions from its users for improvements to the site.

Everything required of an online auction site is there on Zolanta.com but there is something more.

I had spent a good while wandering around the site when I realised that whether it’s down to the relaxing colour scheme, the open forums, the freedom from fakes, the range and price of the goods or, simply put, the general feel and functionality of the site, Zolanta.com is a comfort zone.

Zolanta is a warm sitting room with a log fire on a rainy afternoon and it should be the Housewife’s Choice of auction sites.

Registration and login are secure and I came across some beautiful indulgences browsing the site, take this fabulous Venetian Trinket box from Wilmer Wonders store, Party on Wilmer,
or spoil yourself with Ylang-Ylang Shower Gel from the Heavenly Soaps store of dippy cat. If you really feel like a pampering then why not make
Fragrant Folly your online Avon Lady. Feel like doing some knitting or crochet? Try seller Yarnfest for your knitting and crochet needs, she carries a comprehensive range of supplies. If you can’t see what you’re looking for, you can place a wanted advert and don’t forget to check out any special offers on the site.

Zolanta.com. has a polished and professional feel and, from a seller’s point of view, there is no risk in trying the site out. It is free to list on Zolanta and a basic, small store is also available free so that you can test the water. When you’re ready to upgrade, the process is simple and straightforward and the longer listing periods enjoyed on Zolanta can help to reduce the time spent managing your listings.

These days most online sellers also blog about their listings and the sites on which they sell, Zolanta provides RSS feeds to assist in your off-site promotions. Why not start your own Squidoo page about your Zolanta store and listings and make use of those feeds? Every link helps those search engines to find you and you’ll be helping the Zolanta techies who are constantly working to improve SEO on the site, helping buyers to find your items and, another boost to promotion, your store name is included in your url, you are not just a long string of numbers and symbols.

As a seller or buyer you have access to live help from real people who are passionately involved with the site. It isn’t available 24/7 - real people have to do other things sometimes - but has been available more times than not when I’ve visited Zolanta lately. I’m sure as the site grows the live help coverage will be extended. It is, after all, a tremendous bonus to be able to communicate with a real human being.

It’s that comfort zone thing again.

And perhaps adding to the feeling of ease is that it comes across strongly the management team is intimately involved with Zolanta.com. This is one site which recognises both buyers and sellers are its customers and they continually strive to improve the site for their community.

So, pull up a comfy chair, make sure that box of chocolates is at hand, steady the laptop and let’s go shopping on Zolanta.com..

Sellers - take note and get your listings on there.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Zollymaniac

Check out the Penny Auctions promoted by Pheebay and supported by Zolanta.com and other alternative auction sites - bargains to be had !
A review of Zolanta 
  Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites