Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Auction Forum Index Auction Forum Index
Free Articles, News, Tips & Support for online auction users worldwide!
Your Relaunched Auction Forum Offering Free Online Auction Help & Advice...

Auction Lotwatch Auctions Home Auction Forum Index Register Memberlist Search Free Auction Tools

Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites » Checkout my auction website
Checkout my auction website 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote
redrob

Okay I need your view on my site is it okay is it easy to use and understand would you signup and if not why? My member list is slowly building up and so are the listings are auction website is free Very Happy so why not give us a go.

http://www.electronicenterprise.co.uk

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Enthusiast

No I wouldn't sign up because in the present economic climate the site is extremely unlikely to get anywhere. The fact that listing is free, it looks nice & is easy to navigate are not important, because the same can be said of loads of others.

A new site needs to have several hundred listings at least to attract any interest, which means you need to find a business or two who are prepared to put time & effort into listing in bulk on the site. But when there are established alternatives and we are going into recession any business person is going to head for an existing site where there is a track record of sales.

At the moment you have about 12 items. I'm sorry to be so harsh but it simply won't attract more sellers and certainly no buyers as there is virtually nothing to buy and what there is they can get from Amazon or elsewhere without the hassle of joining a new site.

Look at a site such as Zolanta. That was started by a group of people who left another site. One of those people had an established business and so at the outset he was able to list on Zolanta several hundred items. This encouraged others and although he has now left to form yet another new site (where about 1000 of the 1300 listings are his) Zolanta was able to make some progress though it is nowhere in the same league as Tazbar or eBid or several others. The reason they can make progress is that there are actually a lot of things on those sites that people can buy. And you can't get buyers without that! Laughing

With the recession advancing on us I'm not convinced that some of the sites I've referred to will weather the storm. So for new entrants the situation is far worse. You need to dramatically increase the listings otherwise your site unfortunately is unlikely to still be going in a 12 month. Crying or Very sad

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Zollymaniac

Thanks for the mention lol - Zolanta is building very nicely and has been throughout the year - its not easy though and as we have found you have to be able to promote promote promote and constantly monitor your progress - I agree with enthusiast you really need not only a large number of listings but a wide and diverse range of sellers and goods - however dont lose heart and keep plugging away because the one thing is for sure it takes time
Checkout my auction website 
  Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites