Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Auction Forum Index Auction Forum Index
Free Articles, News, Tips & Support for online auction users worldwide!
Your Relaunched Auction Forum Offering Free Online Auction Help & Advice...

Auction Lotwatch Auctions Home Auction Forum Index Register Memberlist Search Free Auction Tools

Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites » cheekyoffer Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Just Auctions

johnem wrote:
Thanks Just Auctions for your comments.

We are giving all current registered users and new registered users the chance to be entered into a monthly draw. The 50 winners will receive £20,000 ($40,798.17Au) of cheekyoffer credits, which they can use to make Cheekyoffers on all of the items they desire.

From most of the replies we are receiving, I thing we have a few people worried. Remember there is room for us all!

Thanks and take care
John
www.cheekyoffer.com

[/list]

hello

This is just a quick comment on this section.

Somehow I think that your are the one that doesn't understand how this works or have any idea about what you are offering.

You say "quote" From most of the replies we are receiving, I thing we have a few people worried "unquote" I somehow don't think you are worring them in the least, but just making yourself look like a fool.

You should be more concerned with the fact that every reply you get has more negative feedback than possitive and try to work that issues out on your website rather than trying to convince everyone they are wrong and don't understand what your saying..

There are quite a few websites like your out there and not 1 is anywhere near succesful.

So maybe you need to sit back and really look nad think at what you are tell others.

As for your offer to the 50 winners even I would touch that with a bar of soap and I'm a businessman.

Good Luck

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #17   PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Thanks again for your reply.

I do appreciate your input, and I take on board all dialogue, positive or negative.

You are right about 8bay they do have the monopoly and for most business' out there they will never be able to compete.

Money is a very important factor, and although as I said it is very tight, that actually means I am very careful in the way I use it and the marketing that is used is correct and to the point. We have several Marketing companies here in the UK that are helping promote to and action customers. My business partner and I do have backup resources as this isn't our only income. We currently run several very well established companies; we have managers running them for us, which allows us to spend most of our time working on this project.

With regards to "without trying to convince auction site sellers that you can deliver something that really doesn't benefit them at all" I think that sellers will benefit most from this site. They will move stock on faster, at the same time receive the same profit as they would have wanted and got on an auction site. This will allow them to sell more products, etc and the circle of cash flow/profit begins.

We don’t intent on being the small business on the corner, we have ambition and we are hoping that this is the start of something big. With the internet, the world is a small place.
I guess only time will tell.

Thanks and best regards
John

Post: #18   PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Again Thanks,

The point you are missing is that every time I reply with positive answers you can't help but start to slate me and the site.

This alone doesn’t look very good for your current business as you slag me off and then advertise your own. Not really the best PR I have seen. But who am I to judge you. I think it is you who is looking the fool for not really acting professional.

As for your comment "As for your offer to the 50 winners even I would touch that with a bar of soap and I'm a businessman." I think I read a very similar offer on your own post. Let me quote if you have forgotten. "We also offer the 1st 200 sellers with 10 items or more a $2000.00 credit to their account so they can use all the extra features for free.”

All I am trying to do is create a new business and have a go.

I could just sit at home on my behind. Maybe that would make people happy.

Thanks and best regards
John

Post: #19   PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Just Auctions

johnem wrote:
Again Thanks,

The point you are missing is that every time I reply with positive answers you can't help but start to slate me and the site.

This alone doesn’t look very good for your current business as you slag me off and then advertise your own. Not really the best PR I have seen. But who am I to judge you. I think it is you who is looking the fool for not really acting professional.

As for your comment "As for your offer to the 50 winners even I would touch that with a bar of soap and I'm a businessman." I think I read a very similar offer on your own post. Let me quote if you have forgotten. "We also offer the 1st 200 sellers with 10 items or more a $2000.00 credit to their account so they can use all the extra features for free.”

All I am trying to do is create a new business and have a go.

I could just sit at home on my behind. Maybe that would make people happy.

Thanks and best regards
John

hello

Yes if do offer something but some that looks more realisitic then 40.000au.

My comments where not to dicourage you but to help you understand that you can say what ever you like to incourage sellers about your website that untill you have a website like yours that does well or you can show that yours does you are going the wrong way about it. Because at the end of the day everyone that looks at your site will compare it to others within the same field and in your case that is not so good,,,hence why we never started one up like it.

I'm sorry you took this the wrong way and I do understand how hard it is to make a mark on the internet, doing business on here is't like doing business out of a shop and it's a whole new different concept which buy the way you answer your replies sounds like you haven't crasp as yet. Sorry but thats not an attact on you but just a friendly word of advice, the same I would give you, would i know you in person as a friend.

So please use this as a learning point and not as an attact on you,, because really at the end of the day I hope you succeed with great success.

Good Luck

Post: #20   PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Hi again,

The figure of £20,000 is to be divided by the 50 = £400 of credits each.

To quote you "everyone that looks at your site will compare it to others within the same field and in your case that is not so good"

You are implying that you and others are able to see my site. It is not yet live. How do you know what it is going to look like? This site is bespoke and of a very high specification. Remember it is a cheeky site also.

I feel i have found a new way of buying and selling.
I will take all your comments on board and use them.

Thank you for your input.
Hopefully one day we will meet and shake each others hands and compare business.
BR
John

Post: #21   PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Just Auctions

johnem wrote:
Hi again,

The figure of £20,000 is to be divided by the 50 = £400 of credits each.

To quote you "everyone that looks at your site will compare it to others within the same field and in your case that is not so good"

You are implying that you and others are able to see my site. It is not yet live. How do you know what it is going to look like? This site is bespoke and of a very high specification. Remember it is a cheeky site also.

I feel i have found a new way of buying and selling.
I will take all your comments on board and use them.

Thank you for your input.
Hopefully one day we will meet and shake each others hands and compare business.
BR
John

no but from what you discribed it's not hard to work out.

Post: #22   PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:35 pm Reply with quote
johnem

I suggest you have a look before you berate it. And Don't assume my site will look anything like yours.

I have just had a look at both of your site. "Site 1, No comment! Site 2, No Auctions"

Please learn to be professional.

I wish you all the luck and hope that your sites do take off in a very big way, in the mean time if you require any assistance please give me a call.

BR
John

Post: #23   PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Just Auctions

johnem wrote:
I suggest you have a look before you berate it. And Don't assume my site will look anything like yours.

I have just had a look at both of your site. "Site 1, No comment! Site 2, No Auctions"

Please learn to be professional.

I wish you all the luck and hope that your sites do take off in a very big way, in the mean time if you require any assistance please give me a call.

BR
John

I'm sorry you feel you have to attack others to get your point across.

It looks like you can not accept advice or critisium without being quite defensive and attacking something.

I did mention it was a new site. actually only been up for 3 days

Plus I never once suggested that your site be anything like mine or was going to be like mine...Please understand what you read carefully before making any remarks.

never once did i degrade or down grade what you site was. All I ever commented on was the way you are trying to promote what you where tring to introduce, which is not looked upon by sellers as being a good thing if they are the one's you want to list itmes on your website. Your replies by them should tell you that.

I did say I know the type of site you are starting up as do those others that tried to help you when repling,,,you are not the only one to have done this m8,,, have a good look around..I also said I even looked into starting one up but didn't see anything majorlly great comming from it so we didn't go with it..You do and thats great.. hope it works out.

I don't need you to comment on my websites as this was never about my websites, and since you can not accept honest advice then i see no need to continue with giving you my opinouns on your comments in this forum...

As for your comment about being professional...Well m8 that just goes to show how much you know about auction sites. "It's your comment not mine."

Thank you and good luck as I hope it all works out for you.
I will not be repling to your post as you are using my good adive to you as a tool to attack and degrade me,, something I have not done to you.

I wish all the best with your venture and hope it kicks off the way you want it to.

Post: #24   PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:14 am Reply with quote
johnem

I suggest you go over your replies. I at no point instigated the negative comments. I only replied to yours

Your first comment was to suggest my fees were high and then you promote yours. I even commented I "like the sound of zero fees". (Positive reply) I when went on to explain who our site works and the PR we are doing.

Second:
You commented: "So anyway my point is you are aiming at the wrong crowd when trying to convince sellers on such a small venture like yours"
All I did was reply with “suggest we do have back and we don’t intent on being "the small business on the corner"

Thirdly:
You then replied before I got a chance to: "Somehow I think that your are the one that doesn't understand how this works or have any idea about what you are offering." And also "but just making yourself look like a fool" then. "As for your offer to the 50 winners even I would touch that with a bar of soap and I'm a businessman"
I replied with "I do appreciate your input, and I take on board all dialogue, positive or negative" you tried to belittle me. My reply was to explain again what we are trying to achieve and at no point did I pull your service down.

Forth:
You then returned a reply "no but from what you described it's not hard to work out" suggesting that you don’t need to view me site to assume that it is poor. My reply was for you to have a look before you comment, as I had done on your site. Please note that until the last dialogue I have never once commented on your site.

As I have said before time will tell, if it works I will be happy, if not I will die knowing I have tried.

You take care and I hope you are prosperous.
cheeky offer 
Post: #25   PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote
SUPERMAN

[Edit] id defo stick with e.bay even the mini you tell us about on your launch page belongs to the family so not that cheeky is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Post: #26   PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Thanks for the comment.

You will note it is an advert.

Best regards

Cheekyoffer.com
Re: cheeky offer 
Post: #27   PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Steve - Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

SUPERMAN wrote:
[Edit] id defo stick with e.bay even the mini you tell us about on your launch page belongs to the family so not that cheeky is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Please do not make claims that are unsubstantiated and potentially libelous.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #28   PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:24 am Reply with quote
johnem

Thanks you Steve for your help on this matter.

Best regards
John

Post: #29   PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Hello to all out there:

Today at 6pm GMT we are at long last going LIVE ..!

Cheekyoffer.com is the new fun way of buying and selling online.

We are a totally different format site; we are not another alternative site. We won’t people out there to be able to see this and feel confident in us and see the benefits (£ $ euro) in using us over other sites.

Come and have a look you have nothing to loose, it is FREE to register, FREE to upload, FREE to use the cheeky bulk uploader, FREE to use the templates, FREE to add bold, highlight and border, FREE to place your products as a featured listing on the home page, FREE to add up to 3 images. I think that just about says it all.

The FVF, this is a very small 2%, and that’s only if and when you sell it, No upfront fees.

Except for your time you have nothing to loose, this really is a winner for all.

We would like to invite you to visit the site @ www.cheekyoffer.com after 6pm, or www.cheekyoffer.com/index.php before 6pm, and find out what all the fuss is about.

Best regards
The Cheekyoffer Team

Post: #30   PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:02 am Reply with quote
johnem

Hi everyone.

I thought I would let you know how things are going on Cheekyoffer.

We have been live now for 3 weeks and it is going fantastic. We have over 220 registered uses and this is growing on a daily basis.
We have currently not hit the target of listings but are doing everything possible to reach this.

And now for the great news:

We have decided to make cheekyoffer.com a totally free to use site.
No listing fees
No FVF fees
No fees to use the templates
No fees to use the features such as bold, highlight etc.

We are even giving away a FREE unlimited access Store. Have as many listing within as you like.

This makes us a totally free site.

So come and have a look, give us some feedback and who knows were it will take us.

Thanks for looking, take care
John
cheekyoffer 
  Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites