Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Auction Forum Index Auction Forum Index
Free Articles, News, Tips & Support for online auction users worldwide!
Your Relaunched Auction Forum Offering Free Online Auction Help & Advice...

Auction Lotwatch Auctions Home Auction Forum Index Register Memberlist Search Free Auction Tools

Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites » cheekyoffer Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post: #31   PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Just a quick post.

As we don’t have the facility until early next week to have auto re-list within the site we have added 50 day listings to help sellers.

This now means that if chosen it will stay live until either sold or the auto re-list is fully functional.

Hope this helps out in the short term and allows many of you to feel you can list with us as you dint have to continually monitor the listings.

Thanks and best regards
John

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #32   PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Hello.

We now have the auto re-list enabled.

So please feel free to pop along and list your items knowing that you can do this once until the items is sold and it is costing you ZERO.

Please let me remind you that www.cheekyoffer.com is a totally free to use site. And we are giving away lots of items such as the store with unlimited listings, bold, features listing placement and many more items.

It really is starting to snowball now and new users are coming to the site daily and placing items on.

The community is coming along with people posting comments.

We still need you though, so please list. This is what will allow us to be one on the best out there. And the user will be ones who benefit. We know that this is the time of year that many of you are focused on your other sites, but if we can get you to start listing and shopping on Cheekyoffer we will start to get the traffic needed to make us the biggest there is.

If you look at the bog boy sites the one thing they have over us is traffic that’s it, as no one else offers such a comprehensive site like we do for FREE.

Let’s change the world of buying and selling together!

Best regards
John
www.cheekyoffer.com

Post: #33   PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:18 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Hello everyone.

Just to keep you updated on the site.

We have now added a FREE to list classified ads section. So if you want something, have a service to offer or even simple want to give something away for FREE, list it in our classifieds. You can use all of the usual listing facilities and are allowed to have 1 image.

So what are you waiting for.

Thanks and best regards
John
www.cheekyoffer.com

Post: #34   PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:03 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Hello everyone,

Hope you have all had a fantastic Christmas and are looking forward to a great new year.

Just a quick update.

We are now placing within the site many of the new functions and hope all of these will be in place for the 1st January.

You will already see that we have placed payment gateways as default along with Returns policies and shipping information. This can all be updated via your account personnel information and means that you no longer need to type this information out for each listing. You can also see that we have allowed you the option to view the home page in either gallery or list view. In total there will be 50 updates to the site, not all are yet fully implemented, but will be by the 1st.

I am hoping that the updates will bring lots of new users and help this fantastic FREE site become a market leader in the Auction world and Classified ads world as we are also revamping this side of the site.

If anyone wants to see the full list of updates we will be sending this to all of the registered users, and posting it on the site in January, so they can see what other great FREE items they can use for selling and buying.

Well here is wishing you all a happy and prosperous New Year…

Take care
John
www.cheekyoffer.com

Post: #35   PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Hello everyone, we hope you have had a great Christmas and New Year.

Just a quick email regarding one important update we have made on Cheekyoffer.

Over Christmas we have been doing some major upgrades to the site, in total we have been working on 50 new features. Not all are fully implemented yet, but will be within the next couple of days. One of which is the payment gateway information.

Once you sign in, go to the "my account" "personnel information" area. You will see the fields "payment gateway information" all of your payment details. Enter all of your relevant information. This will save as default and will be in all of your future listings so you don't have to keep entering this information; this is also the same for the payment and returns policies.

If you do not enter this information in your personnel information you will not be able to enter it during listing. So please ensure you do this.

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you and best regards

John

The Cheekyoffer Team

Post: #36   PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:08 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Hi everyone.

The below items are now online and ready for you to use.

1. Returns policy and payment policy can now be submitted once when within the users “My account personal information” once done this will always show as default on any listing you have.

2. On the home page you can now view all of the Hottest listings in either Gallery view or List view.

3. At the top of the home page you can know edit all of your listing.

4. If you have multiple items, we now have a “sell Similar” button. This can be found in edit listings. Choose the item that you have a similar product, select “sell similar” from the tab and edit accordingly. You will need to update the image.

5. All payment gateways can now be submitted once from within the users “My account personal information” once done this will always shows as default on any listing you have.

6. Once one of your listings is sold, an email will send to both your supplied email address and to your messages within my account.

7. Within the sold items in my account If they buyer hasn’t paid for the goods the seller can now contact them via the action tab “contact buyer” prompt

8. Within the won items in my account If you need to contact the seller you can now contact them via the action tab “contact seller” prompt

9. If one of your listing has had Cheekyoffers/bids” on it, but has not sold. At the end of the listing period you can now view the users that have placed Cheekyoffers/bids and send them an email giving them a second chance to make an offer or purchase. This can be found within my account, my unsold items. Select the item with duration expired, view its bid history, and select the user from the user name. This will allow you to send them an email.

10. Emails/messages from within my account can now be deleted from one single selection or you can delete as you wish

11. There is now a page counter on all listings.

12. All images within the listings are now produced in JavaScript, this allow the image to come to life.

13. You can now search for item using the listing item number.

14. Within my account there is now the option to add extra message folders. This allows better organisation of your account emails from buyers, sellers and general question asked.

15. When listing if you make a mistake on the listing page and press continue, it takes you back to the listing page all of the information will now stay as default until you decide to change it.

16. Within the site map, under registration there is now a link to the fees section, so people don’t have to search.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Thanks and best regards
John

Post: #37   PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Hi Everyone,

Have you had chance to stop by and test some of the updates we have made. The site is looking fantastic with all of the new updates we have made.

Just to let you all now we are looking for Book sellers and CD/DVD sellers as I am receiving lots of customer emails asking about this. So if you have any or know someone that might want to list please let them know. It is greatly appreciated.

Take care
John

Post: #38   PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Greetings,

Just to keep you updated.

We will have the completed Car template and several new listings templates ready for use on Thursday. So please if you have any motors of any type you wish to list, you can do so. Also don’t forget we have a free to list classified section.

We are still working on updates and are also working on having the new forum in place shortly.

We will continue to make Cheekyoffer.com the greatest FREE site ever, and adding the additions to it mypicturefolder.com will only help make this a great place to trade.

So come and join us.

Take care
John
www.cheekyoffer.com

Post: #39   PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Hello....

We will abe starting an affiliate scheme at the end of this month January 2010, you place our logo with link back to the site in all of your emails and on your own sites and if anyone links back and registers with us because of your ad, we will pay you £0.50pence each time.

Some of the most important promotion that users can do for Cheekyoffer is the linking back to Cheekyoffer from their own websites and forum/blog signatures.

Google works on the basis of how many people and also the quality of links that each site has going to it throughout the internet. We already have quite a few but every single one helps. So if you post on other forums or run your own website then a link back to us using our important keyword in the anchor text would be greatly appreciated.

Text Links, important for ranking within Google

We will be adding some Banner Links shortly that you might want to use. We ask users to please download the banners to their own web space and call the images from there instead of calling them from Cheekyoffers web space.

If you have any input please feel free to ask.. It seems to have gone a little quiet here...

Post: #40   PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:53 am Reply with quote
johnem

Greetings.

Just a reminder, we are a totally free to use Auction site and Classified ads site. NO FEES ever, this means no FVF's either.

Pop along see what great features we have to offer and open a free store with free unlimited listings and categories.

We have added loads of new easy for the user features and have now made the listing so easy as lots of your info is default so you don’t have to keep typing the same info in. Come and have a browse. I think you will be amazed at what we are offering.

Take care John

Post: #41   PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:34 am Reply with quote
LittleTinker

Hello,
I have registered to leave some feedback on this thread about Cheekyoffer.com.

1. Cheekyoffer as a name is ok but absolutely hate the slogan "Don't wish for it, Cheekyoffer it".........It is far too similar to other slogans used (which are bad too) but to me it shows a lack of imagination and it doesnt flow off the tongue very well either.

2. The page that greets me when I go to cheekyoffer.com puts me off straight away for a couple of reasons. I don't particularly like the pictures of women in their underware on the front page. Yes, it might be for sale however I am sure there are better items that can be featured on the front page. Also the pale, wishy washy blue is not very warm or welcoming and doesnt compliment the sites name colours (which are nice)

3. There doesnt seem to be a great deal of actual Cheekyoffers. Of the ones I have been able to look at, they seem to be advertising a whole host of stuff that noone would actually want to buy.

4. Having a Cheekyoffer doesnt seem to have much of a point really...as the seller can just set whatever reserve he wants anyway. For example, if I were to sell my old Cushions and thought "Hmmm....think they are worth a fiver"....I would set the reserve at a fiver. How can anything that comes in a a fiver then be a cheeky offer??
To me, a cheeky offer is to say....."Ill give you a quid for them" and the seller turns round and says...."Done".

5. The search facility is not very good. Also having items in a Gallery layout rather than a List layout is not as eyecatching and makes it harder to see what is there.

6. The "help" section, details on how to set up and bid, the rules and guidelines are all far too basic. They appear to be written by a 7 year old and have no substance whatsoever. Why is there a link to the Sale of Goods Act, for example? Its as though the owner of the site is too lazy to write up and implement the details that all members need to know.

7. The spelling and grammar on the site is abysmal. (As is the spelling and grammar of the user who posts here) and I seriously sugest that you brush up your skills in that department if you want people to take you seriously.

8. The site has to be free as there are very few users and very very few adverts.

9. It isnt any different to many (much better) sites out there. In fact, it is much worse.

10. I dont know what is wrong the the image uploading but every image on the site looks blurred and distorted.

Just a few points to be going on with....to be honest, if this were my site, Id shut it down because Id be very afraid of recieving a big fat law suit any day soon.

So just a few pointers for you to mull over.
Cheers for now.

Post: #42   PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quote
johnem

Thanks for you input LittleTinker

In reply to your comments:

1. I can’t please everyone

2. Press refresh, this will change as it is dynamic. Also we are not prejudice to the users that sell; they have the right to be in this section as much as anyone else.

3. As Cheekyoffer is a new concept it will take a little time for users to see how this will benefit. Users are comfortable with what they currently know and making the switch will take time.

4. It would appear that you are missing how this format works. As many people and business’s have special offers and last minute deals they can place a reserve on as low as they decide. You are not fixed to as you say “it is worth a fiver, so I want a fiver” this is your BIN or standard auction format. With the Cheekyoffer format, if the RRP is £50 and you are happy to accept £15 place this a the reserve. If the offer is on or above the reserve it is sold instantly, no waiting. Alternately if you are happy to accept any offer at all, you can place the reserve as the same RRP value and then when Cheekyoffers have been placed you can contact any/all of the bidders and accept there Cheekyoffers as you wish.

5. You can select either list or Gallery view.

6. We can make this information as difficult as possible, but why? We are trying to give the user a great simple to use and understand site. This is what we have done. Also why not place a link to great information, why would we need to re-write it. Again it is the user that is important and if they can be given the best possible information we will be happy to provide it.

7. Well spelling & Grammar never was a strong point for the 7 year olds we get to do the jobs. (Although I would look at your own first)

8. We are 12 weeks old; Rome wasn’t built in a day.

9. Off course it is different. It is FREE to use and once the format is really understood has a unique format.

10. I agree about some of the images, and we are working on the ratios.

Regarding the lawsuit. Not really sure what you are implying here.

Well take care John

Post: #43   PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:31 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Hello there, Hope you are all well?

We are now ready for you all to start listing as we have the site working fantastic. We have made some great changes and will have the Bulk uploader fully tested and ready for use within the next 48 hours.

I am not going to tell you to much as I would like you to have a look yourselves.

We still have some work to do, but are working hard at these updates

Here's looking forward to seeing you at the site.

BR
John
dogs gonards 
Post: #44   PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:44 pm Reply with quote
peteware

Terminator
i think your talking dogs gonads

you said

(why would i pay £1 to list an item that probably won't sell)
errrrrrrrrrrrrr eBay get about 1.000.000 no sales per day
wake up terminator while you lot on here are slaging each other off theres only one winner
eBay

johnem any idea is a good idea thats how like likes of eBay yahoo and the rest of the millionares started
keep up the good work
live long and prosper

i will give a few tips use a free auction software dont let any company get you by the gonads if your
auction takes off you will just see the auction software bought out by you know who
also use a server in your own home i see a lot of people useing pics off other sites
errrrrrrr its (illegal) one quick email to your hoster and your sites gone
and believe me i had it done to me with a forum i was useing got email off my host to get
me to pull site down i loged on site gone software gone database gone 6 months work gone
60 seconds after the first email
the people that host your site dont want the likes of yahoo/eBay/google comming after them
big money and its only going one way

Post: #45   PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:17 pm Reply with quote
johnem

Hi everyone,

We have now got our new listing pages live.

https://www.cheekyoffer.com/index.php?do=itemdetail&id=2179

And we are working on the import your listings from other sites. This we are hopping will be fully tested and operational within the next 7-10 days.

We will also have the Bulk uploader completely tested and ready for use on Friday 23rd April.

We are working on loads of new products and updates to the site and will have a great new section ready in 14 days.
This is where you have a product or service to offer with a great discount. You place the item with a description on the site with the RRP and the Price you are selling for, this will show the user how much discount they are getting for this one of sale that you are having, with a time that it is available for. After that time (only 48hours allowed) has elapsed the great offer is gone for ever.
See the link:
http://www.cheekyoffer.com/cheekybanner/specialofferpage.JPG

We are also working really hard on many other aspects that will make this site a real alternative. Such as the “No registration to buy” this will allow browser to make purchases without the need to register with the site. They will pay the seller for the goods much like they would if out shopping in the high street.

Don’t forget to pop along and have a look at how we are growing and the improvements we are constantly making.

Thanks for reading
Best regards
John
cheekyoffer 
  Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites