Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Auction Forum Index Auction Forum Index
Free Articles, News, Tips & Support for online auction users worldwide!
Your Relaunched Auction Forum Offering Free Online Auction Help & Advice...

Auction Lotwatch Auctions Home Auction Forum Index Register Memberlist Search Free Auction Tools

Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites » New Auction Site,Free to Join,Low Fees plus more please read
New Auction Site,Free to Join,Low Fees plus more please read 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:10 am Reply with quote
carl-robbo

Hi all,

I came accross a Brand new auction site a couple of weeks ago after having a leaflet through my door so thought I would give it a try.

It really is cheaper than eBay. most buy It Now Listings start at just around 20p and auction style listings for items below £1 this includes all 99p listings are free of charge.

They have a wide range of categories and have over 800 items listed on the site already and they have been going for less than 1 month in total.

Their Customer Care is next to none they have a Local Call Number which is based in the UK and all the staff there are all UK based and are ready and willing to help and advise anyone that needs it.

Whats the difference to eBay you may be asking well here are a few of the answers to this question :

There is fantastic deals online from private sellers aswell as business sellers.

They love Buyers and also offer rewards to the buyers when you meet the milestones each offering a bigger reward.

It is free to join Unlike eBid where you have to pay a fee to sell upfront.

There is money back rewards

Low fee structure where as this does not exist on eBay anymore and I am an ex eBay seller and left last year to trade elsewhere offline due to the high fees.

They Support Charities

They are totally Green and also as I have mentioned above they have great customer care.

Look at it this way I listed a buy it now item in the food and drink category and added the mutiple of 9 on there fair enough the item was 4 packets of biscuits for £1 someone bought all of them from me and the final value fees was just 8p How much would a £9 sale of cost me on eBay as a buy it now listing ?

40p to list the item as buy it now
around 20% of the total sale so say £1.80

So thats £2.20 eBay would of charged me as a business seller but with this site they just charged me 38p for the listing and FVF.

What more can you want it is really simple to use and very user friendly with a great messaging system. their feedback score is not like ebays you can either leave a good (positive) or a bad (negative) mark on the sellers name and that is it no need to mark on things like p & p and other things with stars or leave a comment.

Also where eBay force free delivery on some of their categories these guys dont.

I have purchased an item off the site and I am also bidding on other items on there too and it is so simple to find what you want and bid on it right to the end and even the checkout process is easy.

If you dont believe what I say and you want a cheaper alternative to eBay then why not give these guys a try and lets support them in their mission to grow and Give us sellers (private and Business) what we are looking for and thats lower fees with full uk support.

You can find them at Http://www.castoff.net and their fan page can be found here on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Castoffnet/102242849811564?ref=search

Thanks for reading guys and lets give these people a chance as we will all be sorry when they go if we dont support them now what have you got to lose ?

on my next post on this thread I shall post a review I did of the site based on my personal experiences from the site upto now bearing in mind I have only been on there for like a week now and started listing on monday of this week just gone.

Thanks

Carl

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: New Auction Site,Free to Join,Low Fees plus more please 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:13 am Reply with quote
carl-robbo

carl-robbo wrote:
Here is my Review that I did based on my use of the site upto now and I posted this on my business fan page which can be found here and it is also based on the castoff.net fan page on facebook.
Carl

I would just like to say how great this site is to use...It is very easy to list items add photos and also choose a theme. you can even have a different theme for each listing if you want to so that it can compliment the item you are selling.

Some of the themes I have used are for Gifts which I have listed some Love bears so I used the Love theme for these items and for a postman pat mask that I listed I used the toys theme.

The themes look really good on the listings too.

The site is nice and tidy and easy to navigate around of cause there will be a few bugs but with all websites especially auction sites there is always bugs when they first start up. I have never come accross any website that hasnt had its bugs and glitches at the start.

The Guys at castoff are always happy to help and will always try and respond to any queries as soon as they possibly can.

I have listed over 20 items in the last 3 days and plan on adding many more in the very near future.

The best thing about castoff is the low fees and that they are also UK Based just down the road from me in fact and they have a UK telephone number that anyone can use to get help with queries from a live person rather than an automated system and all the e-mails are responded to with a personal response from the team at castoff and not just automated.

Nice to see that there is around 800 items or so on the site upto now and I have actually bought something from castoff and also bidding on other items and the process of purchasing items and bidding on items is so easy and straightforward.

Keep up the good work guys you are doing a brilliant job and there is only about 6 of you doing all this great hard work from an office.

Thanks
Re: New Auction Site,Free to Join,Low Fees plus more please 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:16 am Reply with quote
carl-robbo

carl-robbo wrote:
Hi all,

I came accross a Brand new auction site a couple of weeks ago after having a leaflet through my door so thought I would give it a try.

It really is cheaper than eBay. most buy It Now Listings start at just around 20p and auction style listings for items below £1 this includes all 99p listings are free of charge.

They have a wide range of categories and have over 800 items listed on the site already and they have been going for less than 1 month in total.

Their Customer Care is next to none they have a Local Call Number which is based in the UK and all the staff there are all UK based and are ready and willing to help and advise anyone that needs it.

Whats the difference to eBay you may be asking well here are a few of the answers to this question :

There is fantastic deals online from private sellers aswell as business sellers.

They love Buyers and also offer rewards to the buyers when you meet the milestones each offering a bigger reward.

It is free to join Unlike eBid where you have to pay a fee to sell upfront.

There is money back rewards

Low fee structure where as this does not exist on eBay anymore and I am an ex eBay seller and left last year to trade elsewhere offline due to the high fees.

They Support Charities

They are totally Green and also as I have mentioned above they have great customer care.

Look at it this way I listed a buy it now item in the food and drink category and added the mutiple of 9 on there fair enough the item was 4 packets of biscuits for £1 someone bought all of them from me and the final value fees was just 8p How much would a £9 sale of cost me on eBay as a buy it now listing ?

40p to list the item as buy it now
around 20% of the total sale so say £1.80

So thats £2.20 eBay would of charged me as a business seller but with this site they just charged me 38p for the listing and FVF.

What more can you want it is really simple to use and very user friendly with a great messaging system. their feedback score is not like ebays you can either leave a good (positive) or a bad (negative) mark on the sellers name and that is it no need to mark on things like p & p and other things with stars or leave a comment.

Also where eBay force free delivery on some of their categories these guys dont.

I have purchased an item off the site and I am also bidding on other items on there too and it is so simple to find what you want and bid on it right to the end and even the checkout process is easy.

If you dont believe what I say and you want a cheaper alternative to eBay then why not give these guys a try and lets support them in their mission to grow and Give us sellers (private and Business) what we are looking for and thats lower fees with full uk support.

You can find them at Http://www.castoff.net and their fan page can be found here on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Castoffnet/102242849811564?ref=search

Thanks for reading guys and lets give these people a chance as we will all be sorry when they go if we dont support them now what have you got to lose ?

on my next post on this thread I shall post a review I did of the site based on my personal experiences from the site upto now bearing in mind I have only been on there for like a week now and started listing on monday of this week just gone.

Thanks

Carl

I would just like to add to the above unlike eBay who force you to use paypal to even list an item castoff dont and you can list without using them . I am hoping to get enough support on their fan page via a poll I opened to be able to get other payment Gateways added to the site i.e Nochex/Google checkout rather than just paypal.

Thanks for reading and I am on hand if you would like me to answer any questions Regarding my experience on using the forum.
New Auction Site,Free to Join,Low Fees plus more please read 
  Auction Forum Index » New Auction Sites